Thursday, September 9, 2010

Analysis of Project in the Real World

I learned a lot in the course of this project. "Advertising has no rules" (Advertising by Design, Robin Landa, pg 136) and "design possibilities are open-ended" (Advertising by Design, Robin Landa, pg 142). Let your imagination and creativity run wild when developing a campaign. By doing an ad campaign, I was actually able to see things out of an agency’s perspective; put myself in their shoes. A lot of work is put into advertising products. Some work may be harder while some work may be easier. Sometimes ideas generate quicker than other ideas depending on your product and which way you want to advertise it. The steps I took to complete the project were steps agencies take in reality to advertise a product.

Advertising a product requires creativity and patience. In order to make a successful ad, is to add your own flavor of creativity to the mix. "Learning to think creatively is learning a way of thinking" (Advertising by Design, Robin Landa, pg 174). In order to become creative, you must have patience. You have to be patient to develop a concept, analyze your competition, figure out which way you want to take the ad, find out who the target audiences are, and much more. "The design is part and parcel of your concept, your idea, and helps communicate the idea" (Advertising by Design, Robin Landa, pg 125). The most effective way to reach out to the audience is to touch them emotionally. "Make them laugh. Or make them cry. Just make them feel something" (Advertising by Design, Robin Landa, pg 106). The audience remembers your ad if you can touch them internally, making the ad campaign more successful and effective.

Doing this project made me look at commercials, billboards, or any other media of advertisement, in a whole different perspective. When I flip through a magazine, I automatically know "which layouts break through and capture the viewer's interest" (Advertising by Design, Robin Landa, pg 148). The creator stopped me in my tracks to look at their ad and a successful ad is "something that stopped you" (Advertising by Design, Robin Landa, pg 150). I look at many different ads to see if I understand what the company is trying to tell me or sell to me. If I understand the concept of the ad then I know it’s a successful ad campaign and I should study it as much as possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment